Codey Rocky Broadcast

Hi,
I am trying to use the broadcast feature to connect the sprites and my Codey Rocky. I copied simple code that should work. I have tried it with both the USB connection and the bluetooth connection. It is still not working. I have no idea what to try to get it to work. Any ideas?

Look here : post

Thanks for responding - I tried what was suggested, but I still can’t get my Codey to communicate with a sprite on the computer.

Hi kman,

Here are the more detailed steps

1. Connect the Codey to mBlock 5.0.1 (the version I use). USB connection or bluetooth Dongle

2. Do not switch the upload mode before uploading the program into the Codey.
    Just click on the Connect button.

3. Write the following little program and click on the button: Upload
    3333 1111

4. Swicther the Upload mode (it must be grayed out)

5. Go to your sprite and write the code

6. The sprite must have 2 blocks:

• When (green flag) clicked so that the program runs long enough to receive its message
    • When I receive (to execute some things upon receipt of the message)
  7. Click on the green flag

Broadcast code block

Solution with the tablet to communicate between Codey and a Sprite.

It is working! Thank you!
I was not switching the toggle for the upload mode. Can you help me understand why this makes a difference?

Currently only this solution works but I hope that Makeblock will do better with the Cloud and IoT. If you want to communicate other sprites on different PCs or Codey between them … you just have to ask …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.