Wifi module with Ultimate 2.0 kit - to control from another country

Hi guys,
So basically I’m interested in using the MakeBlock wifi module to control a MakeBlock robot that’s will be in another country. If I buy the Ultimate 2.0 kit with the Makeblock wifi module, is that possible? Basically I want to control the robot via a simple interface (buttons, not scripts) and via wifi – is that something that will be complicated to script?

Best regards,
-Val

Are you trying to access a computer where the robot will be or directly access the robot? Either way you’ll still have to be able to directly connect to the network that the robot is connected with to send commands via WiFi.

Hi Valvolkov,
It seems that you want to use wifi to control a robot in US (maybe another country) when you are in UK. The answer is no. Sorry. To accomplish that, you have to introduce cloud server which we don’t have nor support.
If any misunderstanding, please feel free to reply.

The robot will be in my house which has a constant wifi connection while I’ll be travelling around the world. Is it impossible to go on a browser and control my robot in such a situation with my laptop from the hotel?

Hi Valvolkov,
Thanks for the reply. But as I explained before, it is impossible.

Alright, thank you

I’m thinking there is always a way to do things. Off the top you could:

1. Run a web server on the home machine and have a web app that proxies the commands to the robot.
  2. Use a VPN to connect to the desktop and run the app from there.

The first is probably the most difficult because of the setup and operation. Unless you know exactly what you’re doing, there are huge security risks.

The second approach would be easier because all of the software to do that is already available. VNC, Remote Desktop, etc.

In either case, be aware that network lag times will come into play.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.