Upload Issues (Reset/Firmware)

Hi. I have some problems with one of my mBots. It will not upload my program, reset to default or update firmware. It will just fail to upload. I tried both v3.4.11 and 5.0.0-beta1.4 on Windows and v4.0.4 on Ubuntu, but the problem is still there.

My PC will “see” the port and will connect, but the upload will fail.

I have 20 mBots that I use (for over 1 year now) in my classes and it’s the first time I have this issue.
Any ideas?

Hi dilly,

Do you mean the other mBots can upload program properly with the same USB cable, Computer and USB port on computer?

If yes, please temporarily remove the Bluetooth module or 2.4G module from the issue mBot have a check.
Once still the same issue, please refer to this document to test the mCore board on the issue mBot with the blink program.Test if the Arduino board is working or not with the Blink program.zip (699.0 KB)

Yes, the other mBots can upload just fine using the same setup. I did remove the Bluetooth module while uploading.

I tried the Blink example and i got this error:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.

The “avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding” message generally means that there is no hardwired serial connection established. The usual culprits are:

1. Problem with USB cable
  2. Bad port on mCore board

although based on what you’ve said the USB cable works with the other mBots so that may not be the issue. You might want to try cleaning the connector on the mCore board to see if that will clear up the problem.

:smiley:

the connector is white clean :frowning:

Hi dilly,

Did you choose the correct COM Port on the Arduino software? Whichi COM port did you choose?
If the com port is correct, we suspect the CH340 chip on the mCore board is faulty according to this error.

I used the same COM ports I use in the mBlock software: COM3 and COM6. So, it seems I need to get a new mCore :frowning: