Ultrasonic sensor dosn't work

Hi, i just purchased new mbot ranger for my sun. He tried to write his first program but the Ultrasonic sensor dosn’t seen to work. Any Idea please ? My sun told me it worked the first time he built the robot.

Hi, please check the file attached, you can test the Ultrasonic sensor following the steps:

How to test if a Me Ultrasonic sensor is working or not.zip (973.2 KB)

I made a test with the distance measuring program whithin the mblock application on smartphone (in Create – sensor). The value showed was 400 without change even when the ostacle us very close. To me this is the same test you are proposing, right ?

Hi, can you please send me what the program you code to test?

I use makeblock application to test the ultrasonic. Please see attached screenshot.

Just to confirm, only the RG wire is needed to connect the ultrasonic, right ? No other wire needed, right ?

yeah, RG 25 wire connect with port 10.

Any idea then on what’s wrong ? Is it a sensor device defect ??
By the way, there is red light supposed to be switched on when the sensor is activated. No red light is ON on the my ultrasonic…does that help ?

I tested my ultrasonic sensor against another that a friend owns. It’s definitely a hardware defect. May I have a replacement of the ultrasonic sensor please ?

Anybody There ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.