Ultimate 2.0 Motors broken?

Hi, the motors of my Ultimate 2.0 are not working. If I use the joystick on my phone they move a few degrees and then stop. Can I fix this?

Try mBlock online:
ide.mblock.cc
Or use the PC Version.

I think software is not the Problem, the Motor just blocks After spinning a few degrees🤷

Do be aware that tank-drive models put quite a lot of strain on the gearboxes of the two encoder motor when they are pulling against each other (when turning) and I have found in the past that the two little screws on either side of the shaft on the front of the encoder motor gearboxes being used tend to vibrate loose, causing the motors to stop working.

It is not a problem to re-tighten them again; but ideally you should check the tightness of these screws each time you build a new model; however in your case you might want to actually unscrew these marginally so that the front plate is slightly loose which may help the gears to turn correctly and solve your problem. I have never actually stripped one of these motors down, but they basically have 3 parts to them:

The Encoder sensor that reads the position, the DC Motor which creates the spinning force and the gearbox which steps the high motor speed down to a lower and usable RPM.

I suspect that the real answer may actually lie in the power of the batteries that you are using for your model.

These encoder motors do slow down very quickly if the batteries are going flat and the current being output does affect the torque that you can expect from the motor.

i changed the batterys now and its running much better, but power supply was not the main problem because it is still blocking somehow. it is running but it doesnt go smooth. theres somethink inside that is preventing it from working fine. it works only on low rpm now and if i turn the power up it begins to smell wierd

so the problem seems to be in the middle part of the motor(where the little label is on). how do i open upß this part? there are no visible screws

As I said in my prevuious post:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.