Ultimate 2.0 Gripper Problem

Hi there! Please help me, the ultimate i have just assembled 10 minutes ago immediately move and gripped then it get stuck on its grip. Then I already reset is multiple times and reset its firmware too via computer but still it doesn’t unclamped anymore. I hope you can help me. The wires connection are good and I have tried all the other 4 robots and function well today. We are at the school for the robotics program and we are using makeblock. Thank you.

Hi Daisy,
Please try to write a simple program to test if the gripper can open and close. Or you may kindly take a video of the issue. Other motors are working fine?

I have the same problem. The gripper arm is stuck on its grip. I wrote a simple program, the motor gives some noice but the gripper doesn’t open.

Hi TooFun,
Did it work properly before?
Which board you used?
Please kindly take a video of the issue, together with your program.

I did made some program for the grip, however it didn’t follow. By the way, I have mistakenly attached the wire of the grip to the other two connection near the power before I started turning on the robot, but the gripper moved then get stuck when turn on. Then I put the wires on its proper place on the port4B then it did not move anymore even if I did all the reset and program it with the commands for the grip. But then again solved my own problem when I decided to put back the wires on the first position I put it, it did some shock and able the grip to move, when the grip opened i put it back to port4B then tried programming it then it move already properly. I hope this helps TooFun too. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi Daisy,
Thanks for your sharing. With default program, we take the 4A port for the gripper. But if you write program by yourself, you can select other ports like 4B, 3B.
Hi Toofun,
Please try to check the cable connection as DaisyB suggest. Also make sure external battery is plugged. And try speed higher than 100 when test it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.