MBOT Not Starting using 3.7V LiPo Battery

Hello,

I just bought two MBOT’s for my kids for Christmas. After burning through 8 AA batteries in a matter of hours, I decided to buy a 3.7v 2000 mAh LiPo battery for both bots. They’re too big for the plastic case, but I just used velcro to attach them to the MBOT and it seems to be solid enough. I plugged the batteries in and connected the MBOT’s to my computer using the USB cord to charge the batteries. After about 12 hours of charging, I went to switch the bots on and neither of them are turning on. Trying to figure out if there’s a setting I need to change to get it to turn on. Haven’t yet figured out a way to test if the batteries actually charged and are any good. FWIW, there was a green light that lit up after several hours on the arduino board next to the 3.7V port which made me think the battery was done charging.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated! Thanks!

You may want to look at this posting:
https://forum.makeblock.com/t/power-3-7v-lithium-battery-charger-on-board-or-four-1-5v-aa-batteries-not-included/10217/5

I went with four rechargeable AA batteries (4 x 1.2= 4.8) 2500mAh.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.