Makeblock Starter Robot Kit Help

I am trying to get a Robot Tank to work with the makeblock app on my iPhone or the mBlock 5 software on my MacBook Pro.

When I tried my iPhone app, it asked me to plug into a PC and update the firmware.

So I tried to update the firmware by connecting to the mblock software. I can connect to the robot via usb. However, the firmware always fails. I tried turning off my bluetooth, that did not help.

What “sprite” should I select to update this robot’s firmware?
Should it work with the makeblock iPhone app?
I am using Mac OS 10.15.1 on my MacBook Pro

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I have a starter kit also and it is NOT supported with mblock5. In fact it is an orphan board with a micro usb interface.

Look at this posting from another starter owner
https://forum.makeblock.com/t/mbot-starter/15605

Thank you for your feedback. So am I looking at spare parts here :slight_smile:

Unless you want to work with old mBlock 3 software,it isn’t as modern as mBlock 5 is but it still does the job

Hi dmay,

You can try upgrade firmware for the Starter robot with mBlock 3 software. Then control the robot with the Makeblock APP have a try. I will send you the instruction guiding upgrade firmware for starter with mBlock3 software to your email address. Please kindly check it later.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.