How to use self balancing on nervous bird

Hi
I’ve just bought the mbot ranger for my young kid.
We have assembled the nervous bird and tried to use it via the makeblock app on several devices (iphone, ipad, android phone).
The way it works is very strange:

• not clear how to activate it. sometime it just starts alone when I select the “Nervous Bird” section, some other time I have to get out and get in the app again
  • when the bird loses its balance and falls, it won’t restart again
  • when self balancing, it moves a few inches on its own forward and rearward in a crazy way to keep balance, but I cannot control it: I can only turn it right or left but not drive it front or rearward for one metre for example. Is that normal? I would like to make it move in the room…
  • when losing balance, the batteries normally fall off from their case. Is that normal?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback

Nervous bird part of the Ranger

Hi fcori,
To check the issue again, please try:

1. Check its assembling, have you followed the guidance strictly to assemble it?
  2. Recharge the battery or try totally new battery for the robot as it requires much power than other forms.
  3. Reset it default program with mBlock 3 software.
  4. Choose Nervours bird mode in the Makeblock App or in the mBlock 3 software.

If there is issue as before, please take a video and send to me (stephanie.wu@makeblock.com) via https://transfer.pcloud.com/

Thank you for your quick feedback.
I’ve followed all your instructions Below the problems that I still experience:

• via the makeblock app it is quite hard to drive mbot stably forward or rearward, it always looks unstable and hesitant
  • when it falls, I cannot restart it again, I have to exit the app, restore the bluetooth connection, open the app, go to the drive section to move the wheels, then to nervous bird section and it will work till the next fall

For your info, I’ve put a set of 6 Duracell rechargeble batteries of 2450mAh each.
I am sending to the email address the video to show how it works
Thanks again
fcori

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.