How can I make a self-bancing robot with mBlock?

Hi,

I would like to program by mBlock (scratch) a self-balancing robot.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

Susana

Hi Susanaoubina,

Do you have the mBot ranger in nervous bird firm?
You can upgrade firmware for it with mBlock and it will have the self-balancing function by controlling through Makeblock APP HD

Hi,

I wanted to do with scratch, not with Arduino. I am a teacher in Spain and it will be a fantastic proyect!!!
Please, could you help me? Any suggestions?

Regards,

Susana

Auriga OnBoard GyroScope

See my answer here

Thanks Andreas!

It is a pity that we do not get to create the self- bancing with mBlock (scratch).

Thanks!!!

But why we do not , is that says we can’t ???

You might be able to do it with Scratch, but you need to upload it through USB and replace the default program. That runs much quicker.

If you can read Arduino code (C/C++), the firmware file that contains the balancing code is here. Given the limitations in the mBlock code generator, it might be fairly difficult to do in Scratch, IMO.

Hello,
I am afraid the link is broken. Could you please reactivate it or point us in the right direction to get the balancing code ?

Many thanks,
Bertrand

New link for Auriga firmware.

Hi Susana,

I am endeavouring to do just this, with limited success : that is the robot tends to self balance but ends up falling down : is it a matter of tuning, a flaw in the conception of the code, of the robot ? Dunno.

If there is a reason why it can not be done in scracth it would be great to know precisely (time basis, no interrupts used ?). I suspect the center of mass is not right either. Anyway, here is the code (see below)

I rearranged parts of the Orion based Starter Kit platform with a meGyro gyroscope. The robot and the test can be seen in my Facebook group “Atelier mobiles de robotique”. https://www.facebook.com/bertrand.cayzac.7/videos/10218129233448040/

It is to be noted that not all functions of meGyro are supported in mBlock (scracth) for instance you can not get the angular speed unless you “hack” the Arduino generated code. Hence I am only using the angle (Y). I plan to use the angular speed for the derived paramter by changing one instruction in the C code.

You will fin the code here, please not that this is NOT WORKING YET but may inspire you :slight_smile: Balance Vpid6_ok1.sb2 (77.3 KB)

Kind regards,
Bertrand