Encoder motor broken? Makeblock Ultimate 2.0

Hi,

I’ve emailed the support email address, but I just thought I would post this here in case it’s also helpful. I think one of my encoder motors is broken. I reveived the kit yesterday and just put it together. I’ve made a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1RLFYvmrc

This is the description of the problem:

One of the encoder motors on my new Makeblock Ultimate 2.0 seems to be broken. When I try to activate it, it rotates a few degrees and gets stuck. In addition, the encoder motor that does work seems to be fully backdrivable, but this one is totally not backdrivable. I’ve also taken the tread off to make sure the tread isn’t what’s blocking the motor, but the blockage is inside the motor itself.

Any help is kindly appreciated,

S

Check that there isn’t a bolt sticking into your drive line somewhere jamming it.

These motor basically have 3 parts to them: 1. Encoder (sensor that reads there position), 2. Motor (creates the spinning force), 3, Gear box (steps the high RMP of motor down to lower usable RPM).

I have had NON MakeBlock motors get a Jammed gear box that I had to open the gear box up and unjam.

Hm, I took off the gearbox and it seems that gear #2 is rubbing against the motor casing. I don’t think I have any tools that I can use – maybe a Dremel would’ve worked but I haven’t had one since we moved last time.

My gear numbering is: the gear on the DC motor axle is #1, the next one is #2. Holding the gearbox by itself, I can fully backdrive #2 from the output shaft, but as soon as I start sliding it onto the motor itself, I can see it catches on the surrounding pieces of metal from the motor casing.

Not sure what to do.

Hi Sloisel,
Please take off the track also the wheel to test.
Thanks.

Hi, as I wrote above,

I have taken the motor off the robot, can confirm that the output shaft is locked in place. I have unscrewed the gearbox as suggested by OutoftheBOTS and discoved that gear #2 does not fit. When the gearbox is detached, it works fine. When the gearbox is attached to the motor, gear #2 rubs against the motor casing, which prevents it from spinning.

What do I do?

Thanks,

S

Hi sloisel,
I received your email and has replied you.
Please check your inbox.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.