Confirm MegaPi PWM pins

I need to run 9 DC motors. Ports 1 - 4 look after eight, so I need to include one more stepper driver for the final motor.

Aside from the pins used for Ports 1 -4, are there any other PWM pins available?

You can parallel 2 motors in one port if these 2 motors’ gear speed are same

No, I need to control each motor independently, so I’m thinking about adding another motor carrier which is why I need another PWM pin for speed control. I’m thinking of using D10 from the high power output, which looks to be a PWM pin in the schematic, but I’m worried that the high current may damage the carrier.

There is no more PWM pin in MegaPi,even if it has,you still need a motor diver then you can use it.so if you want to use 9 motors,the only way is parallel connection with one motor.

I do not want motors in parallel.

This schematic indicates that the left hand Power MOS is controlled by D10. Sheet 1 of the Megapi seems to show that D10 is a PWM pin.
Is that correct? Could I not use that to control half of a stepper controller and drive another DC motor?

Yes,D10 is PWM pin,if you want to use this to connect another motor,you need to connect with a DC motor driver and use a separate battery to power for the extra motor.

By the way,you need to compile the code for the extra motor driver and DC motor then you can use it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.