Change arm encoder motor

I would like to buy a replacement motor for the arm of the Ultimate2.0 Robot Arm. I need to use an encoder that allows me to read and control the position of the arm. The library with the Ultimate 2.0 encoder (MeEncoderOnBoard) does not support this. Can anyone suggest a different encoder motor that is compatible with the MegaPi Ultimate 2.0 board and uses a different library with position control functions?

Thanks!

I used the 3-axis gyro on the arm of my ultimate 2 to determine the position of the arm.
http://store.makeblock.com/me-3-axis-accelerometer-and-gyro-sensor/

Yes, I saw your post about that. I am using the gyro for driving navigation. Like you I discovered that the gyro cannot be mounted on the metal frame. It causes big interference with the Arduino processor. It must be insulated. I am hoping I can find an encoder that will work with the MegaPi and allow me to set and read the encoder values. The MeEncoderOnBoard library is pretty limited.

Hi gmeyer1357,

Currently, our motor doesn’t have read encoder function, you may write your own library for the motors to develop its read encoder function. Regarding to your application request, we will share it to our product team for reference.

Your library for MeEncoderDriver_New seems to have some additional functions. Which motors from your online store support this library? Will they work with the MegaPi board that comes with the Ultimate Kit? Thanks for your help.

Hi gmeyer1357,

Actually, the library are for the motor drivers instead of the motors. The library MeEncoderDriver_New was written for the Me Encoder Motor Driver which can be connected to the Makeblock Boards with red RJ25 Port (like Orion board), not the MegaPi on board driver.

Thank you, that is a good answer to my question!