XYPlotter 2.02 MDraw

I’ve built an xy plotter version 2.02 with the Orion board. It took a while but I figured out that I could print from GRemote using certain settings after getting the right firmware flashed to the board. The GRemote settings are:

XDir 11, YDir 3, ZDir blank, XPPM 174.9781
XStep 10, YStep 9, ZStep 15, YPPM 174.9781
XMin 17, YMin 13, ZMin blank, ZPPM 174.9781
XMax 16, YMax 12, ZMax blank

I’ve successfully printed all of the examples using these setting from both mac and windows machines.

Now I’m trying to print my own SVG files or other custom drawings. I’m not able to print from MDraw from either Mac or Windows. I load a file and hit play but nothing happens. Is it because only certain versions of MDraw are set up to work with the XY 2.02 Orion boards? What version of MDraw will work with this setup and where can I find the link? Thanks!

Hi Amusesmile,
The mdraw 1.2.x you downloaded is working with XY 2.02. For your question, please try:
Upgrade firmware, each time you switch the software, you need to update;
Make sure driver subdivision should be on HHH when use mDraw;
X-axis connects to port 1 and Y to port 2;
Wire order of stepper motor is blue, red, green and black;
Try to control X-axis and Y-axis separately, does it work? If no, exchange the motors of X-axis and Y-axis;
Test if you can “go home” by pressing Home putton;

For further question, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for the help. Inside of MDraw it says “download failed” whenever I try to update the firmware. This happens both on mac and windows. Is there are more recent version of MDraw that I need to download? If so, where can I find it? Thanks.

Try one here:

Please remember that you need to connect the COM port first before uploading the firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.