Wireless 2.4G pairing issues

Hello everyone,
I cannot pair my 2.4G module to its USB dongle anymore.

I already have :

• succesfully ugraded the firmware through USB cable
  • switched on the mBot, switched the 2.4G module to fast-blinking mode and plugged the USB dongle in

but they don’t pair. The blue led on the module keeps flashing (fast or slow depending on the selected mode) and never stays still.

I have this problem with 2 mbots.

Thank you for helping me :slight_smile:

Hi, can you provide the following information?

Operating System
Version of mBlock

Hi Frank,
Please also make sure you are using mBlock 3(latest 3.4.11).
Keep the other mBot off when you are trying.
And were they working before?
When and where did you purchase it?

Actually there is only one not working left :

I first tried it with its “associated” usb dongle on a windows XP with the XP compatible version of mblock.
Then, back home, I tried it with my own USB dongle on a windows 10 PC with mblock 3.4.6

We bought them around last june from https://www.electronic-shop.lu
We first used them on last Friday

When you say ‘pair’, are you attempting to connect with mBlock via the Connect->2.4G Serial menu item or something else? Just wondering because usually I see the term ‘pair’ used when referring to Bluetooth. :slight_smile:

Yes that’s it but i think the module and the dongle must be “associated” in a way and it’s what I call pairing.
No bluetooth at all here.

The WiFi modules uses point-to-point WiFi and just seems (at least here) to “pair” up automatically. I had to wait a few seconds for the “pairing” to occur and only had the bot being paired actually powered up.

Soooooo…

Let’s try this procedure.

1. Exit mBlock.
  2. Turn off the mBot.
  3. Make sure there are no other unpaired mBots turned on.
  4. Turn on the mBot.
  5. Run mBlock.
  6. Click on the Connect->Serial 2.4G menu item.
  7. Count to ten slowly.
  8. See if the title bar in mBlock says connected.

If it still is not “pairing up,” then try to reseat the WiFi module. I’m not sure which version of the mBot that you have. Version 1.0 has no plastic case over the mCore board while Version 1.1 has a protective case. If you have the 1.1 version, you’ll need to open the case try to reseat the WiFi module towards the back of the mCore board. It’s the only module that can be removed for what it’s worth.

The procedure I would recommend is to:

1. Turn of the power of the mBot.
  2. Gently remove the WiFi module.
  3. Gently reseat the WiFi module.
  4. Power up the mBot and then see if this corrects the issue (don’t close the case back up until it works!)

That’s likely the best I can help without actually being there.

Regards,
;
Chuck

Thank you very much for your help Chuck,
unfortunately it didn’t work at all.

I think the WiFi module is down. Maybe the kids have mis-seated it in the first place and i haven’t seen it ? I don’t know what happened with this one. The 4 others work perfectly !

Could you attach a picture of the mCore board on the malfunctioning mBot? I’m wondering if it might have the Bluetooth module instead of the WiFi module.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.