WiFi setup for Android and PC MBlock

Hi,

All I can find is iPad setup. I have had the WiFi module setup and working (which took me ages to work out I remember) but now I can’t find anything!

I get as far as connecting PC or Android device to the Neuron WiFi network, but can’t remember what came next.

Hi Jond,

There is a website for the neuron from where you can find a lot of application case with Neuron as well as the Guidance for using the Neuron APP.

Thank you for your reply Tec_support.

The reason I ask is because I did once find better information. Everything I can find on the website you give relates to ipad. Can you post link for setup using MBlock on a PC / Windows 10, and Android?

Thank you.

Hi jond,

If you want to control the Neuron on PC, you need install the experimental version mBlock software v4.x.x.
Here is the link to guide connect Neuron to mBlock APP.
Though the instruction was written base on Mac, but most steps are same if you use Windows Computer. The only difference is for connecting Serial port part. On Mac PC, the serial port similar to /dev/cu.wchusbserialfd120. While on Windows computer, the serial port is similar to COMxx Port. You can find the correct COM port for Neuron by unplug the USB cable Plug it back in. If a new COM port appear, it should be the one for Neuron.

If you want to play the Neuron on Android mobile devices, you need install the Neuron APP (can be download from Google Play). Here are the instructions to connect the Neuron APP and use it.
Actually, most of the steps are also same no matter you use Android mobile devices or iOS mobile device.
There are two ways for connecting Neuron to Neuron APP: Connect via Bluetooth or Connect Via Wifi.

1. If you’re going to connect via Bluetooth, the steps are all same. Here is an instruction with detailed steps to you for reference.How to connect neuron Bluetooth to Tablet or iPad.zip (296.6 KB)
  2. If you’re going to connect via Wifi, under your Android devices’ wifi settings page, connect to the wifi from the Neuron. When it says connected, you can open the Neuron APP and select connect via wifi and you can see the Neuron’s wifi will be detected and you can connect to it.

Thanks tec-support.

That has helped.

With MBlock (experimental) is it possible to configure the Neuron WiFi module? I have now remembered the steps to connect directly to the WiFi module and then connect the WiFi module to my WiFi router using the Android app, but is this possible using only PC?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same question. I connect to the block WIFI but I want the block WIFI connects to the router. Is it possible using only the PC.

Hi Jond, Crackel,

Currently, the mBlock software doesn’t have the function to let the me wifi module connecting to the home router.
But I provided the feedback of your requirement to our Neuron product team for assessment. Thanks for sharing all the advice.

There must be the possibility of configuring the Neuron WiFi block from a PC, but I would need more instructions.

Connect PC to Neuron WiFi.
Use browser to logon to WiFi block (192.168.100.1 pwd makeblock)
Then I see settings for Wan and Lan interfaces.

So how to manualy connect to external WiFi router?

Thanks.

Hi jond,

I already tried manually adding a WAN interface directly into my WIFI block.
However, when I wanted to delete the interface, the delete button did not work.
Conclusion: I went back to my backup.

I’ll wait for the MakeBlock team.
I would like the option to enable or disable the connection to the router automatically with the password encrypted naturally.

Hi Crackel,

I have consulted our engineer, currently, there is no such function on the wifi module.
While, there is a plan for adding it. The estimated time is Next June.

If you want to cancel the current settings, you can reset the wifi module by long pressing (8s~10s) the reset hole have a try.