Where to buy Makeblock Me Dual DC Motor Driver

This part is out of stock at all US provider websites. Makeblock does not list it on their site. The RobotShop has dropped it from its catalog (even though I have the part on order).

Is this part obsolete/discontinued/gone forever? Any idea where I can find one? I have some mBot Ranger projects in mind that need it.

@GrampyBot Is this what you need?

Hi: thanks for your response. I am looking for the v2.1 version of the dual motor controller. I am not sure what the differences are between the v1 and v2.1 versions. I am using Scratch for programming and would need the appropriate extensions to support either version.

I believe the product is discontinued. Contact makeblock officially by email to see if you can purchase one directly.
support@makeblock.com

@GrampyBot

Agreed: product is discontinued. Just got notified by RobotShop that it is discontinued after a five month backorder wait. This part is integral to the Makeblock Robotic Arm Kit which is also missing from many on-line catalogs including MakeBlockā€¦ I found one of these kits on eBay for $99 and decided to scoop it up as it has many useful parts that if purchased separatly are roughly worth $99. So I get the dual motor controller, some motors, the gripper, and some structural parts. Life is good. Trying to keep a grandson challenged!

Thanks again for your interest and support.

@GrampyBot Glad to hear you found something. I wish things were a bit easier for you and there was more I could do to helpā€¦

Have a great week!

Hello:grinning:

As per my knowledge, You need to Sourcing this part might be challenging. You could explore international sellers or second-hand markets. Platforms like eBay or local hobbyist communities might have what you need. If alternatives are an option, consider compatible parts from other suppliers for your mBot Ranger project

I hope this will help you!

Thanks

Is it OK if I mark this topic as closed now, or do you need more support?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.