What is Orion and Handle? (Mecanum Wheel robot kit)

Hi everybody,

I’d like to order a Mecanum Wheel robot kit but i don’t get what “Orion” is.
I suppose it’s the Playstation-Style controller, is this correct?

And “Handle” means “already assembled and wired” right?

Here’s my question:
Can I get an unassembled kit, but with the conroller

I really want to do all the building and wiring myself, but I’d like the controller.

Best Regards

Dom

Orion is the Makeblock controller board which is 100% Arduino compatible. Make block has a variety of boards with easy to use RJ25 ports to simplify wiring. The specs and details about the orion can be found at Makeblock’s website.

http://makeblock.com/me-orion-base-on-arduino-uno

Hi Brad,

thanks for the fast reply. I get it =) Sounds good, I have already a little experience with Arduino.

Please answer me another question if you don’t mind:

Does the kit including Orion only come assembled?
I could order the kit excluding Orion and assemble it myself, order Orion seperatley.
but then i would still need the Playstation style controller -_-

Best Regards

Dominik

The orion board can only be purchased preassembled.
As for the controller I’m not certain if its bluetooth, wireless, or Ir. However I’m certain the staff at Makeblock will answer that soon, their usually very prompt with responses.

I couldn’t find the PlayStation style controller listed on the Makeblock website and the amount you would save if any vs the headache of trying to find one probably wouldn’t be worth the savings.
Here’s a link to the main site: makeblock.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=0&status=new

Just a suggestion the mecanum is wonderful kit and I’m considering the purchase of one myself, however in order to achieve the full Makeblock experience you might want to consider a kit like the ultimate robot or a mbot first. I’m certain you’ll be rewarded with any of the kits, but the experience of starting with some of the other kits and modifying them first well be well worth it.

Hi MrCurbsurfer,

You need assemble Mecanum by yourself after you opened the package:
Below is a picture for all the components comes from the package:

And the handle is wireless 2.4G which you can see in the TECH SPECS:

Hi Brad and the guys from Tech support,

thank you for your fast replies!
@ Brad: I’ll check the other kits out. I’m just fascinated by the mecanum. But I guess another set will do, too.

@ Tech-support: Thanks for making that clear. My bad, should have checked the pictures more thoroughly…Sorry for the bother.

Great customer service!

Best Regards

Dom