What bluetooth do I need to connect my laptop?

I recently bought the ranger, and I’m loving it. There are some small issues with the onboard LEDs I can’t figure out, but other then that, everything works like a charm.

Now, I want to connect the ranger to my laptop, so I can control it through the laptop and send information from the ranger back to the laptop to display on screen.

My laptop currently does not have Bluetooth however, and connecting it through the USB is somewhat impractical, since I’d have to walk around after the ranger.

I have found the official makeblock Bluetooth dongle in the Belgium distributor store, but with postage, that one becomes expensive. Would it work if I got a regular Bluetooth dongle as well?

Once I have the Bluetooth connection up and running, I can start looking into setting up the connection from the code.

Hi ractoc,
Connect ranger to a pc with bluetooth, we have to use a bluetooth dongle. And I am afraid we have to official Makeblock bluetooth dongle. We cannot guarantee if a regular bluetooth dongle from other company will work with our ranger. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for the quick reply.I guess I’ll have to pay that postage fee then, oh well. Might as well look into some other additions while I’m at it then.

Any suggestions for some cool first additions?

I am afraid no other alternatives. Bluetooth module for mobile APP, Bluetooth module+dongle or USB cable for PC mBlock.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.