Variables lost in code translation on mBot 5.0.0-RC3 on Windows 10 [SOLVED]

When I create a variable, it does not show upon the generated Arduino code. Already this minimal code, as can be seen in this screenshot, shows the problem:

In this example I use an mBot and its on-board RGB leds, but the same problem arises with any other outputs.

Setting variables (‘Set my_value to 0’) does show up in code.

I use mBot, mBlock 5.0.0-RC3 on Windows 10, I’ve downloaded mBlock 5 today and updated all firmware today. I also added the ‘Makers Platform’ extensions, maybe that the culprit is in there.I think approximately two weeks ago, everything still worked fine.

Note that on Codey everything works fine:

I am happy to help answer some more questions!

Good luck fixing it :+1: !

Hi,
I have the same issue. To make a long story short, we give robotics and programming classes. One of our modules that used to work fine a few days ago, stopped working with the new RC3 version. After investigation, I have realized that variables used in blocks are not generated in the Arduino C code.

It works in my side:
Uploading…
Have you seen any download icon when you select “mBot” from the device list? If yes, please click on it to update the device list.

Blimey, missed that one! Thanks tech support, everything works again as it should! Issue solved!

Works for me too! Wasn’t easy to see…

Anyway, congratulations.