Using neuron ultrasonic sensor with Codey Rocky

Hello!, Can I connect the Neuron ultrasonic sensor to the Cody at the same time it is connected to the Rocky? I’d like to set up a real distance-sensor for the Codey Rocky …

Hello arleguip,

We are a few with this question.

Currently, it is possible with mBlock to include in his project 2 devices but he does not seem to interact together. I plugged my Ultrasonic Neuron Block behind my Rocky and I’m unstoppable to get a value.

I tried by the broadcast statement but it remains a failure.

I hope Makeblock will allow both products to interact together

It can read distance. But it reads the vertical direction instead horizontal direction (in front of Codey)

Hi tech_support,

I found how to do it.

Do not add a new device by the code will be independent.
You must add a Neuron module with the Extension Center.
neuron

Thanks Crackel and tech support…
Maybe Makeblock could offer a short connecting cable between Codey and the Neuron ultrasonic module (just to be able to guide the module in the right direction

My Rocky rolls not super right…

codey

—> Clip

Hi, Crackel:
Your robot with the Neuron ultrasonic sensor nice placed in front of it (and your program) are outstanding. As I can see, the robot works very well, despite the small deviation…
Where did you get by this cable?

Yes, codey and neuron can interact with each other as this post says: How to play Codey Rocky with Neuron

It is neuron magnet wire. neuron_creative lab kit includes several. You may check with the local distributor if there is single one available.

The neuron_creative lab kit is very expensive.

Me, I had the cables in the Kickstarter … There were less expensive kits and several kinds of kit.

Good luck

Hi arleguip,

If you want to stop the Rocky as with the Ultrasonic but a little less accurate and short distance.
Here is a code that works pretty well.

infrated

I have found a Dutch webshop (Kiwi Electronics) where to buy solely the Neuron sensor and the magnet wire. I’m going to buy them…
Your code to stop the Rocky using the reflected infrared light intensity is very clever, I’m going to try it … but I’d liked to give Codey an ultrasonic sensor analogous to the mBot and Ranger sensor.
The reason is that I’m testing and comparing the behavior of these three robots to advise an educational center on which is the best one to teach educational robotics…
I miss two things in the Codey Rocky robot so that it becomes a good educational robot: the lack of a true distance sensor (which I now see that it could be remedied with the Neuro sensor) and the the lack of encoders in the motors (the same as happens in the mBot) to improve the precision in its linear and angular displacements.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.