USB driver for XY plotter V2.0

Hi
Got the Makeblock XY plotter V2.0 couple weeks ago, and since then have problem with the driver. Simply cannot connect the Arduino with my PC. When I connect the Arduino module using USB, the USB is recognized on PC but cannot read description and cannot update drivers. It sit on device manager with exclamation mark.
I tried everything, Makeblock driver, Makeblock master driver, drivers from GitHub, Arduino IDE … you name it with no success. I’m trying to install that on Win 10 64bit.
What’s your advice? Do you support Win 10 at all? Can you give me exact location of the driver?
Thanks in advance
Meris

Hi Meris,

Please download the driver from this link and install it have a try.

Once still exclamation mark, please change the USB cable or USB port on PC have a check.

Besides, please take a picture for the exclamation mark under device manager, thanks!

Hi
I tried before this, but didn’t work. I tried again, and tried to use different USB ports, but still no luck.
Here is the print screen of the unknown USB

Also, here is error report from device manager

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2301df1d&0&1 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Service:
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x2B

What else I can try?
Thanks in advance

Hi Meris,

What is the options under Device manager->Port when PC connected XY with USB cable.
Besides, is it possible for you to test on the other PC?

On ports, I have my stadard COM ports.
I tried on other PC (Win 7/32 bits) and got same result! Not recognized USB hardware.

Hi Meris,

Could you send a picture under Device manager->Ports when the PC connected to Orion with USB cable?
When you install the Arduino driver on the PC? Did it say the driver installed successfully?
If the Driver installed properly, do you another USB cable to try?
Besides, make sure the beep on the Orion board is always off.

Hi
Finally, after switching the off the buzzer, I got the connection. Updated firmware, and adjust pen with no problem. But then another problem come up to surface. One of limit switches was not working properly, the machine would hit the end and continue working like nothing happened. Then I checked cables, connectors etc. and realize that one slot (Slot 2) of one Me RJ25 adapters is in short. Pin where micro switch is connected and ground are in short. The other slot is fine.
What you want me to do about this problem? You will send me new (functional) adapter or have some other fixes.
Honestly, I’m not happy with the product at all:

1. In manual, you did not mention that the buzzer switch has to be on off
  2. The problem with adaptor
  3. The cable that goes between Arduino unit and the head are short. Motors are not strong enough to stretch the cables strait so the head cannot go all the way to the opposite end (by Y axis)

Hi Meris
Pls try to change connect slot 1 instead of slot2 ,and see if it works.
The cable between board and head may be long enough, pls ublace the ribbon so that it can reach the end if you need.

There is other micro switch on slot 2! Then the other one won’t work!!???
Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. On the module, pins of the connector are in connection, in short, so the microcontroller reads always that the micro switch (whichever is connected) is always close.
The only way, except sending new module, is change in program servo motor to slot 1. Then I can use that module from servo motor for the micro switches
Meris

Any comment on this???

Hi Meris,

Sorry for the delay since we have two weeks holiday for spring festival.
As for the issue, please let me know which Me RJ25 adapter have the issue? Kindly refer to the following pictures and let me know the RJ25 adapter connected to which two limit switches have the issue?

Besides, do you test the limit switch by clicking on Home button on mDraw software or you test the limit switch with Benbox software?

Limit switch 1 is connected to the faulty slot!

Hi Meris,

Please kindly send the receipt to the email address daisy@makeblock.com