Unable to use variables to move mBot forward

I have a code designed to crawl through a maze. The issue I have is the move left and right wheels do not accept variables as input without giving me a compiler error.

I receive the following error:

Command failed: avr-toolchain\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\ProgramData\mBlock5\IdeServicePlus\app\external\arduino\avr-library\variants\standard" -I"avr-library/cores/arduino" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src" -I"arduino-libraries/makeblock/src/utility/avr" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire/utility" -I"avr-library/libraries/Wire" -I"avr-library/libraries/SoftwareSerial" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/WiFi/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SD/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Bridge/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Temboo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Servo/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/Ethernet/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/TFT/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/SpacebrewYun/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/LiquidCrystal/src/" -I"arduino-libraries/arduino/GSM/src/" “C:\Users\CODENINJAS\mblock-avr\temp\build\code.cpp” -o “C:\Users\CODENINJAS\mblock-avr\temp\build\code.o” C:\Users\CODENINJAS\mblock-avr\temp\build\code.cpp: In function ‘void loop()’:
C:\Users\CODENINJAS\mblock-avr\temp\build\code.cpp:106:24: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
motor_9.run(-1 * ( / 100.0 * 255));
^
C:\Users\CODENINJAS\mblock-avr\temp\build\code.cpp:107:19: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
motor_10.run( / 100.0 * 255);
^
Failed to compile file code.cpp
arduino build failed.e code.cpp
arduino build failed.

The code I have is the following:

It seems that the variable cannot be detected in this block:
I am checking with the software team.

I assume that the compiler is seeing the variables as “blank”. Which is why the

error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
motor_9.run(-1 * ( / 100.0 * 255));

is appearing. I believe it should show:

motor_9.run(-1 * ( VARIABLE/ 100.0 * 255));

Yes, you are right. That seems the problem in mBot. We confirmed that and will fix it in the next version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.