Unable to connect to codey rocky via USB

Hello everyone.

I’m having issues connecting to codey rocky via USB on my Mac (High Sierra). I searched this forum and found several sets of instructions to get this to work. I tried both using mBlock 3.x (https://kig.re/2014/12/31/how-to-use-arduino-nano-mini-pro-with-CH340G-on-mac-osx-yosemite.html) and mBlock 5 (I purged /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext between tries). I made sure to go into Security & Privacy, saw the “System software from Jiangsu Qinheng Co. Ltd was blocked from loading” notification, and “Allowed” it. However I still don’t see the character device coming up in /dev.

Has anyone else running High Sierra been able to connect to their codey rocky via USB?

George

Hi George,
Please make sure Codey Rocky is powered.
With mBlock 3, have you detected COM port under connect (you can choose any board)? If yes, means the driver was installed correctly. You may try to reinstall mBlock 5 (RC version)

Thanks for following up!

Codey Rocky is powered on.

I tried reinstalling mBlock 5 RC but it did not help.

Is there some diagnostic or debug I can perform to help troubleshoot USB connectivity?

Some more details about my environment:

iMac (Mid 2010)
High Sierra 10.13.6
USB 2.0

Thank you,
George

I found the issue!

I was connecting the USB cable to a non-OEM USB hub.

As soon as I unplugged Codey Rocky from the USB hub and plugged him into an OEM USB connector, he was immediately detected by mBlock 5. I was then able to update the firmware and upload my first set of instructions, which worked well.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your help!
George

Hi George,
Congratulations and merry Christmas~
Also, thank you for that sharing. This may also help some other users.
By the way, will you kindly take photos of the non-OEM and OEM USB connector/hub for me?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.