Support online mode with both BT and WiFi simultaneously

Hi,

My son made a car using lego and the neuron (connected via wifi). However, he wanted to control the car with the joystick block (like a remote control). Since we dont want the joystick to be attached to the car, we thought we could attach joystick to BT block and then we could use both in the program we write.
Unfortunately, the app only goes into wifi mode or BT mode to discover blocks. However, it should be able to do both.
And in the future, if I have multiple wifi blocks it should be able to talk to them simultaneously also.

Would request devs to add this feature.

-adil

Hi adilj,

According to the description of your application, you may use the wireless transmit block and the wireless receiver block. There is no need to connect both the Bluetooth module and Wireless module simultaneously.

Hello Adili,

With Neuron kits, there are many ways to do things.
Tec_support gives you a possibility but in order for the solution to best suit your needs, I have a few questions:

Which Neuron kit do you use?

2 engines at the front or rear?
https://neuron.kynox.com/fiches/debutants/fiche-voitureteleguidee

1 engine at the front and the other at the back?
https://neuron.kynox.com/fiches/intermediaires/fiche-jeepteleguidee

Do you want to use the electronic tablet or completely independent (block WIFI)?

You can paste a photo.
We could watch together.

Right, but then I cannot add any programming. For example to start and stop and control speed etc.

Hi,

Our solution was very similar to your first link…2 engines at the front.
We eventually used the tablet and used virtual buttons and sliders to do something…we added one slider to control speed (forward and reverse) - to mimic accelerator, a button for on/off to mimic key and another slider for steering.
However, it would be nice to be able to do this with physical elements.

-adil

Hi Adili,

If you have the All-In-One kit or the Explorer kit, it is possible to do all this without the tablet. I summarize, you want to use the Joystick and the Knob to increase and decrease the speed?

I will look at this this week. I think I use the WIFI block, Joystick, Knob, Wireless Transmitter and Wireless Receiver. In case of failure, the problem will be at the block WIFI.

Note: Me too, I like doing autonomous projects. With the Funny Touch, I can add up to 4 actions (start, stop, speed plus and minus speed). However, I will use the Knob block because it is in the 2 kits.

Hi Crackle,

Yes, our initial thought was to connect as follows:
Remote control:
wireless transmitter + joystick + knob - use the joystick to do front back and steering control (left/right) and use the knob for speed control.

Car:
wireless receiver + motor control

However, this did not work…so we thought we need to programmatically connect the motor control block to the joystick and knob so that we can program what each controls.But trying to do this results in the problem I mentioned.

-adil

Hi Adil,

I realized this project and the project is totally independent of iPad.

Naturally, I had to go through a few steps:

1. I had to do the program on my IPad;
2. I then UPLOAD the program in my WIFI block;
3. I close the iPAD to make sure it is truly independent;
4. Finally, I turned off the remote and turned on again to make sure that the program does not go out of block WIFI.

Conclusion: The program remains in the WIFI block until the other project is UPLOADER.

However, if Makeblock allows you to add several WIFI blocks and / or Bluethooh then this would only increase the possibilities.

Does this help you?

Thanks Crackel,

Will try this over the weekend with my son.

-adil

If you are looking to make a few things in particular, I remain available.

I think it’s possible to do a lot of things with the Neuron kits.
There are still some problems but obviously to each version of the application, it improves.