Starter Robot support

I’m wondering if anyone can explain what support still exists for the Starter Robot Kit. My son received this as a gift two years ago (the IR version) and we’ve had lots of fun creating code in mBlock 3. We recently came by a bluetooth module for the device and I’ve been trying to set this up to work with his iPad to no avail…it appears that the program app on ios doesn’t support the orion board. Meanwhile, I updated the Win10 program to mBlock 5…and again it appears that this board/robot is no longer supported in anyway.

Is this basically a defunct device which we are stuck using with the old install of mBlock 3, or is there some work around? I’m rather confused and would appreciate any advice or direction.

For example, are there 3rd party apps that can program the orion board (arduino) using a similar graphical interface?

This was an expensive gift, and it’s rather sad that makeblock has seemingly retired it without any notification.

I have a starter kit also and it is NOT supported with mblock5. In fact it is an orphan board with a micro usb interface.
I purchased a raspberry pi and it interfaces with the starter kit. There are free libraries so that you can program it in python, which is also free
I can also run everything thru my win 10 PC.

https://forum.makeblock.com/t/connect-a-me-auriga-to-a-megapi-possible-how/15636