Starter Robot Kit/ Tank not connecting to computer via usb or phone via bluetooth

My son got a starter robot tank/3 wheeled car. It’s been put together but we are unable to connect it to the computer via the usb or phone ios via Bluetooth. Nothing happens. I’ve looked at the wiring and it all appears to be correct. the front sensors has a red light that blinks and it also blinks near the usb connector.

I haven’t been able to find any program that specifically states it’s for the starter kit, but I did see something that said the mblock 3 for ultimate could be used. Still nothing picks up the tank.

Has anyone had anything similar. Any tips to what I might be missing?

Thanks.

Hi williampjr,
Sorry for the issue caused. If the Bluetooth module blinks but not connect with mobile app-Makeblock App, please check battery. Try some new batteries or recharge the battery. Also try some other phone if you happen to have one.
On the mBlock 3, if there is no device detected, please go to device manager, check if there is an option: Port (COM&LPT). If yes, try to install arduino driver:

If possible, please take a video to show the case.

Williampjr,

I will share our issues and see if it might be of help. First of all, the USB cord I used (my son said there wasn’t one in the box) was not working. Once I connected a new cord, it connected to mblock.

I was receiving errors with the app on my tablet and it wouldn’t connect and requested I go to the PC to recover firmware. I did this.

Then it still wouldn’t work. So, my son looked at the instructions again and he had the Bluetooth cord plugged into port 8, We moved to port 5 and then had success.

Unrelated issue but since we are here: my son did not tighten bolts enough etc. They came loose and then the treads wouldn’t turn although the motors were making noise. If you do have success, keep checking for loosened items if you are seeing issues with proper movement. Good luck! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.