Software Suggestions

I thought I would start a thread hopefully Makeblock will see this and make some additions to the software. A few ideas i have:

Delete/Eraser tool, it would be good to add a tool to enable me to delete or erase parts of the image that I do not need directly within the design tool.

Pick/Selection: I noticed if you have a larger object in front of a smaller one, it was very difficult to select that object. An easier selection tool would be useful.

As I think of others I will add them, feel free to add your own below.

Thanks

How to import filling from SVG

Another one, the ability to work on a new project while another is cutting/etching. This is quite frustrating and would be good to be able to work on more than one thing at once.

• Please add a better possibility to scale proportionally
  • Add documentation to the software
  • Fix alphabetical order of font names in font properties in designer view
  • Make font list scrollable trough arrow keys and don’t move text in designer but jump to next font and generate preview of text in that font

• Add the ability to align fonts (centre, left, right etc)

• When selecting all, make the outline available to edit as a number, ie change scaling using value rather than dragging

• Add a “save” feature or icon instead of export

• Add an undo button to the top of the software, instead of going to edit/undo

• Add a redo feature

• Grid view option to make snapping easier to identify?

I know we are adding a lot to the list, but if you start to make the software as good as the hardware, you will win much more business!

@tech_support sad there’s no reply from you here

@tech_support can you confirm if this points in the post are being passed to the development teams? Would be nice to know we are being heard.

Also I reached out via email about reselling the Laserbox on your website but no answer?

Dear all, I will forward your suggestions to our team, but I cannot guarantee you that all of your suggestions will be adopted into our future version of Laserbox software cause R&D will do their own research and find the best balance in develop, hope that you will understand. Most important, thank you all for your kindly suggestions to our product, and I hope that all our users will enjoy them!

Thank you

A Written manual would be so helpful!

Just tried to update to latest laserbox software version 1.09 and it failed to install like 1.08. Solution is fresh download from main website. Tell the devs to just get the user pointed to website. Less stress

Hi there, not even a fresh install helped here. The only thing that helped was going to the Laserbox folder on C: and grant more privileges to user. Now the error message is gone and Laserbox startup is normal. Hope that helps others too.

That is interesting, Just a further note I had to ensure the link went to Makeblock / software downloads / and not the XTOOLS website download as that kept giving me 1.08 again. Took me two goes before I realized.

So now I uninstall, then install from scratch and it worked first time so currently 1.09.
Would you know what was updated?

Why does it install to a protected directory? C:\programdata
Why doesn’t the program install to a std windows program directory? C:\Program files

Good questions and thank you for the hint about the xtools website. so I also downloaded the old version and updated. giving more permissions to the protected folder I was able to start from the updated version. It looks like it’s not the updater that is broken, but the startup routine afterwards. I guess during the normal installation procedure, the setup is able to operate on admin rights, but the updater is not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.