Save project to cloud from Android app?

Hello,

I’m wondering if the app mBlock - Scratch (the one found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.makeblock.mblock) has the ability to save to Google cloud drive like you can on the PC. It would be very useful to be able to share projects between PC and mobile. If it is possible on the mobile app I can’t figure out how.

Hello einniv,

If you create and connect to your mBlock account, the projects will be everywhere (Mobile and PC). It’s a bit like Google but at Makeblock. The disadvantage is that it is not possible to share easily projects with other users like the Google Drive project.
cloud

mBlock - Scratch - Google Drive support?

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I have that all setup on the PC already. I thought it was Google Drive since Google was what I used to sign in but perhaps not. Anyway, what I was asking about was the Android app. The interface for that has nowhere to specify an account that I can see.

Hi einniv,

Sorry for the incomplete response.
You will find the connection menu in the left / top corners before going to code.
pppp

You were almost there.

Thanks. :grinning: I don’t l know why I never clicked that avatar. Well, I didn’t know it was a avatar. ha ha

The PC lets you sign in with a Google account for “single sign-on”. For some reason the app doesn’t, so I have to get all my projects copied over, but other than that, that solves it.

Thanks again.

Great … don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Hello,

Can save your Projects on Andriod with WPS Office App

Download App from here

Where is the app?

Hi

I have logged in the android app, I can see my username. But I cannot see any project created from mblock tool in PC. I have several projects done in the PC that I can open from the mblock cloud, but in android app I can only see the projects I have programmed in the tablet.

How can I open projects uploaded from the PC in my tablet?

@belarmito Are you signed in to your mBlock account on your Android device as well as your PC. Here are some things to check:

Make sure you are signed in:
Open the mBlock Blockly App, then navigate to the home screen of the app and check the Account icon:
If you are not signed in, touch the icon and sign in via the sign in menu.

The screen will look like this:

After waiting for the syncing to complete, it will look like this (in the ‘Coding’ folder menu):

You will notice many of the projects say ‘Not Downloaded’. Each project you view will be locally downloaded to your device. If you think that you need to refresh the synced projects, simply drag from the top of the screen like you would to reload a page on a phone.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply. Now I see what happens.

In mblock tool for PC I logged in with google login:

in android app, I logged in with my gmail account. I thought that logging in with directly with google user was the same as login in with my gmail account as username.

So now I have two mblock accounts: one logging in through google with my gmail address and the other one, with my gmail address as username.

Problem is that android app does not allow to login with google account when windows tool does…

Is there any way to share projects between this two accounts?

There isn’t really a way to let two mBlock accounts see each other’s projects unless you share them online. :confused: If you want, you can make an account with an email for your PC as well, or wait for the Android App to support sign in with Google. There are no workarounds that I can think of. Sorry. :frowning:
@belarmito

ok. Then I guess I will have to do all programs from the beggining using the mblock account with username and stop using the google login account…

Do you know if android app is usually updated and if google singin will be implemented in the near future?

@belarmito I’m not sure, you can contact mBlock about adding the feature (support@makeblock.com).

You should be able to use the ‘Save to your computer’ option and then open the makeblock .mblock file in the IDE with your non-Google account and then click Save. Tedious, but it does transfer them…

Good luck!