Running motors on Port 4 - Makeblock Megapi

Hello,

I’m working on a project that involves using all 4 ports to run 8 DC motors. I have been successful in using Ports 1 - 3 to run 6 motors, however I cannot get Port 4 to work. Here is what I have tested and tried so far:

1 - tested different combinations of motors I know are working on other ports
2 - swapped Makeblock Megapi Encoder/DC Motor Driver from other ports
3 - tested using “MeMegaPiProDCMotorTest1.ino” code included with Makeblock Arduino libraries, all Ports except 4 work

I have even purchased another Megapi board because I though maybe it was an issue with mine, but I have the same problem.

I feel like I’m missing something obvious but I’m not sure what that is. Could it be a power issue? I am running the board off the 6X AA battery power supply that is included with the Ultimate kit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ian

Hi there:

Do you have parameters of the DC motor’s power? because you need to make sure the power of 6X AA battery can supply 8 DC motors,our hight-power robot ranger was power by 6V-12V/2A and it has only two DC motor,so it could be the issue of battery,maybe you can use 18650 battery to have a try

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I do not think it is a power issue as I can remove all the DC motors from the other ports and the Port 4 motors will still not run. As I said before I have also tried swapping motor controllers and motors and this does not work as well. What I find really strange is that I have the exact same problem on another Megapi board I just purchased.

Could it be and issue with the code? Or is there something I need to toggle? It is my understanding that I should be able to run two DC motors on each port, and all three of the other ports (Port 1 - 3) work on both boards.

Thanks again.

Hi:

We just discuss this problem with engineer,our opinion is maybe the current of 8 motors exceed the
limitation of MegaPi,but we arenot 100% guaranteed about that,so could you please send your codes to this Email account:support@makeblock.com.thankyou.

Hello.
I have the same problem - the MegaPi port4 does not work.
I have - 2 MegaPi, 4 MegaPi Stepper Motor Driver + 4 Stepper Motor, 4 MegaPi Encoder/DC Driver +4 180 Optical Encoder Motor + 8 DC Motor.
I tried many different connection options - port 4 does not work.

The problem has been resolved. It is necessary to choose MegaPi, not MegaPi Pro.
Еverything will be ok.

Hi there:

Glad to hear you fix the problem by yourself,if you still have any problem please contact with us.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.