Robotic-Arm IR Control

Hi,

I try to upload demo file ti control the robot Arm by IR.
I follow all instruction from README file, but when it come to point 4 :
"4. Open demo.ino by Arduino IDE. Click Tools->Serial Ports, choose COM XX (Not COM1 and COM2). Click Tools->Boards, choose Arduino Leonardo. At last, click “upload” button on the right-top corner."
I can’t click on Serial Ports as it’s not active.

Has anybody an idea ?

Best,

J.

Sorry to mix topics but I tried to reset my Orion to Factory settings by download the mBlock software, after install it, connect to the Orion board, click “Boards” and select “Me Orion”, then click “Connect” and select “upgrade firmware”, and now the IR controler doesn’t control the Robot anymore. I can see the blue led blink but no effect on motors.

Hi JulienD,

Do you have the Ultimate robot Blue with Oiron board?
If you want to control the robot ARM with IR controller, you need program yourself to achieve it.
Upgrade firmware for Orion board will clear the previous program uploaded to the main board and the IR controller won’t able to control the robot ARM.

For your first post, when you want to program the Orion board with Arduino software, you need choose the Arduino/Genuino UNO instead of Arduino Leonardo.

Anyway, you may try to program on mBlock to make the IR controller control the robot ARM.
The best way to control the Robot ARM is to use mobile APP (Makeblock APP through Bluetooth connection). In this case, you can just rest default program for the Ultimate and don’t need to program by yourself)

Since you want to control by IR controller, you can program for the Robot ARM with the mBlock software:
Program the arm, actually, you only need to program the 37 motor which control the arm and the motor in the Griper.
About programming with mBlock IDE for the 37 Motor and Griper, you can see the 37 motor is connected to Port 2 on Orion board and Gripper is connected to Port 1 on Orion board. Below is a example program.

Finally,you need program the IR controller either refer to this post: http://forum.makeblock.cc/t/trouble-programming-ir-buttons-in-3-2/3131/9