Reusing the Bar Code Sticker

If I were to keep the bar code sticker from one of Makeblock’s official materials and use it with material that is similar to the one that is meant to be used with the sticker, is it possible for the Laserbox to still read the sticker and I could use the “Bring Sketch to Life” feature on a different material and reuse that same sticker over and over?

Hi cpaige, they will tell you that officially its not supported, but why don’t you just give it a try?

My Laserbox hasn’t came yet, which is why I was curious to see if anyone else has tried it out before.

It should work as its just a barcode/QR reader.
I would even cut out the barcode and just sit it on top of the new material and give it a whirl.

It works fine :grin:

It could work, but be noted that Laserbox uses the bar code to identify the material and set up the cutting/engraving parameters. So if the material is not the original material, or thickness changes, the engraving/cutting performance might be different than what we designed and might cause on fire. Please be noted and keep somebody nearby in case of accidents.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.