Replace orion with auriga controller

The starter is not supported by mblock 5.
If I change the orion controller with an auriga (ranger) controller, will I be able to build robots, with the sensors/motors that came in the starter kit, that work with mblock 5?

Hi dr-roboto,
Well, I am afraid that is not a good idea.
If you change the main board, everything changed, that is totally DIY. Default program is not working any more.
Like, the motors on Starter and Ranger are different. Interface is different, to connect motor of Starter to Auriga, you need motor driver; Then you can try this block:

Thank you for the reply.
I do have the following modules:
Me dual motor driver
Me encoder motor driver
Me servo driver
Me stepper driver

note: the starter kit box has never been opened. I also have an unopened ultimate 2.0 box

If we made the controller switch, then we would use the orion for stand alone testing.

At this time, we only want to learn one version of mBlock (3 or 5).

I am confused:
Your email to me stated
“Hi dr-roboto,
Well, I am afraid that is not a good idea.
If you change the main board, everything changed, that is totally DIY. Default program is not working any more.
Like, the motors on Starter and Ranger are different. Interface is different, to connect motor of Starter to Auriga, you need motor driver; And the problem is that there is no blocks in mBlock 5 for this motor driver. Unless you write Arduino codes. I suggest mBlock 3 for Starter.”

but your post shows a block.

Sorry for my previous mistake and I changed the reply soon. For simply driving the motors, both mBlock 3 and mBlock 5 can do that. If we want to play the Starter with its default program, only mBlock can reset it. Surely if you just want to program for it by yourself, you can use mBlock 5.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.