Problem I have had connecting to the Orion Board, USB Not visible. Update firmware

I have bought 3 starter robots and 4 Mbots. Very often I had problems seeing the USB connection on the device manager of my pc. I wrote to tech support many times and got many suggestions. I have tried to solve this problem for over 2 years. Many times I cannot update the firmware because I can not see the board on the device manager or on the connect menu of mblock.
Here is the answer that I am a little embarrassed to tell.
The cable that you use does matter. Yesterday I tried a different USB cable. Suddenly I could see the board! On the port setting of the device manager. I tried 4 micro USB cables, 2 worked, and 2 did not work.
The good ones worked on 2 computers with 2 different Orion Boards.

So I tried with the Mbot robot that had never caused any trouble.
Suddenly I could not see it on my laptop. But, this board had a different solution. If I turned on the battery for the Mbot then suddenly it was visible.

I will post both of these solutions on the forum.

Thank you for help with this and please pass it on to the support team. I do not know if the cables that did not work were the original cables. I no longer know what those look like.

Thank you,
George Warner
Boston, Massachusetts

Great to know it worked. Definitely this will help people in the future. The quality of USB cables do matter. Thanks.