Problem connecting mBot with mBlock 5 for PC on Windows 10

I have a mBot v1.0 and I use Windows 10.
I can connect mBot through the USB port with mBlock 3 and mBlock 5 online (ide.makeblock.com) but can not see any ports with mBlock 5 for PC (V5.0.1.exe).
I did a control on 6 PCs and I had this problem on 4, only on 2 PCs worked with both versions.

Another problem:
in mBlock 5 with mBot, it is not possible to show data because the block “Show (hello)” is missing.

Hi adb,

1. When computer fails to detect the serial port, please make sure mBot power toggle is switched on; If yes, try to install arduino driver manually and download driver here.

2. To show data, disable upload mode, do firmware update, then choose the block you need to show, like below:

Or you can set variables, we have show variable blocks, see below:

Or on the basis of last step, we can let panda say the value, see below:

1. When computer fails to detect the serial port, please make sure mBot power toggle is switched on; If yes, try to install arduino driver manually and download driver …

I have updated the drivers and the firmware but nothing has changed. mBlock 5 does not see any port “com”. I remember that mBlock 3 works regularly so it can not be a driver problem.

1. To show data, disable upload mode, do firmware update, then choose the block you need to show, like below…

The first method works, but it is impossible for the panda to show a value because the “Say (Hello)” block in mBot is not implemented. I noticed that some important blocks are only present in Codey but are missing in mBot.

Also the block “button [A] is pressed?” is only present in Codey but is missing in mBot.

Thank you very much in advance for a reply.

The serial issue, maybe we can have a remote control with teamviewer? My working time starts from 9:00 am to 18:30 pm, China time.

The second, Codey Rocky has the screen which can display something easily. That is why it has “say hello”, while mBot doesn’t have any built-in display. Likewise, when key A pressed, it is the Codey Rocky A button, while mBot doesn’t have an A button. Obviously, different devices have different blocks under different groups.

I have the exact same connectivity issue with mBlock for PC. The web version works but the PC version does not. I can see the com port in device manager when I plug the USB cable in. Was this issue ever solved?

you can send a video to support@makeblock.com,I will be there help you fix your issue.

Hello,

I get exactly the same issue.
I do everything on the web Interface which works perfectly fine (and therefore, yes, the COM3 or COM4 is available depending on which USB I use) but it does not work in the mblock5 windows 11 installed program.

I use a surface go 2 for the programming of my kid.

Best regards,

ben.

Hi BenLou:

Can you provide more information about your surface go 2,like the software version and hardware information like CPU structure(ARM or other) and mBlock version,etc.

Intel Pentium CPU 4425Y @ 1.70 GHz 1.70Ghz
8Go RAM
Windows 11 family 21H2

Hi:

How about the mBlock verson?please advise.

version v5.1.0

Hi BenLou,

Have you tried the latest v5.4.0 Local?

This will probably help Makeblock eliminate an error trail.

Will try