Optimization

I don’t know if I am at the right place. I just finished my first work with the laserbot, and I gotta say, it looks great.
However, there are a few things that the mlaser software could be better at as far as the user interface goes. I have no idea how to do it, so I figured I would just share some ideas here.

1. My project took over 24 hours to complete… it would be great if there was a estimated time required or time remaining near where the progress bar is.

2. The workspace vertical and horizontal ruler should not resize with the work. (It gets really hard to see on larger pieces.)

3. It takes a masters degree in order to understand and work the laser parameters. That needs to be simplified.

4. The “Control Panel” box likes to hide behind the main window. So if it’s already open, you will be clicking that button until you are blue on the face. Or until you realize that it’s already open, behind all of your other applications.

Just to name a few things at first glance.

Very useful suggestions. Thank you. I am not sure if there is a plan to update mLaser, it has been long since last firmware released though. We’ll still feedback these good suggestions to the software team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.