Openness of the MakeBlock app towards 3rd party Cloud platforms and/or apps?

Hi there,

this mbot product looks very promising in terms of STEM learning curve for my kid, however before going to purchase it I’d like to understand its potential integration capabilities with Cloud (IoT) platforms and/or 3rd party apps for my own development; for instance, pushing sensor data towards a Cloud interface for central visualization, remote control of the robot from the same interface etc…In that perspective could someone please clarify to which extent both the system and Makeblock app are “open” (eg. via APIs, etc…)?

Thanks in advance,

David

in mBlock 3, there’s an extension center where you can add blocks to the software. The mBlock 5 counterpart will be released early next year.

The only problem is mBots doesn’t have Wifi capabilities by default. There is an “Wifi Module” sold by Makeblock but the functionalities are really limited. There are ways to refresh the firmware and post data to a 3rd party platform (as did by Makeblock’s local partner in Hong Kong), but that requires sophisticated technical work.

Newer products of Makeblock (Codey Rocky, for example), may have Python APIs to post data to 3rd-party platforms, using standard protocols such as HTTP or MQTT.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.