No connection to Auriga

Hi,

I recently bought an Auriga board (just the board, NOT the ranger kit) and when I try to connect it to my computer with the USB cable (Windows 10) I get a popup message USB device not recognized or malfunctioning.

When I open mBlock 3.x and the connect dropdown it doesn’t appear in the serial port list.

When I open mBlock 5 (beta) and select the ranger I can get it to recognize the board and can program to it, but I really dislike mBlock5. I’m used to mBlock 3 from previous robots and have had no issues with it. 5 crashes and hangs sometimes when trying to upload programs.

Interestingly enough, if I open mBlock 5 and leave it open and THEN open mBlock 3 the Auriga shows up as COM 4. Can I run both programs at the same time?

More importantly though, why will mBlock 3 (the latest version) not recognize my Auriga board?

did you install the device driver from mBlock 3? I’m not sure whether or not mBlock 5 installs anything extra (like the driver). Just a thought…

I have 2 orion boards that are recognized by and work fine with mblock 3. I hit the install driver again anyway and it did it’s thing, but I’m pretty sure it was already there. It just won’t show up as being connected to a com port while using the usb cord.

Nevermind. I think it was the cable after all. I tried connecting with mblock 5 again and it said no device detected. I went and found a new cable and now it’s being detected by both mblock 3 and 5.

Mark this one solved I guess.

That was the other thing I was going to suggest. I’ve had some weird problems out of USB cables before and sometimes just changing the cable fixes the issue.

Glad to hear you’ve got it resolved. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.