Neuron Line Follower

Hi,

Here is my great automatic snow removal. The only problem is that it does not work properly.

I placed a Block Line Follower to follow my line like my mBot BUT I must misunderstand the block.

I tried several line colors
I try to approach and remove the Line Follower sensor from the ground
I try to reverse my condition (NOT)

Result: Not very regular

First question: What value does the Line Follower block return on a black line?
Second question: What is the problem (it is rather general as a question;)

Best sensor for autonomous robot

Hi Crackel,

The output of the line follower sensor is N or Y.
When it detect the white background, the output is N, if the height between the white background and two sensors are a little high or it detect the black background, the output is Y.

Here we tested your program, when the white paper close to the two sensors on line follower, the outputs of it are both N. And the motors run.

What’s your test result? From your picture, it looks like you have keep the switch to OFF instead of ON. In this case, it is impossible to let the motors run.

Hi Crackle,
The ON / OFF switch is simply to stop my robot.
Otherwise, it continues without stopping.

I would like my robot to simply follow the line and stop when the two Line Follower sensors arrive on the white.

Hi Crackel,

Since the output of the two sensors are both N when it detect the white color.
First, if you want to make the robot stop when both sensors detect white, I think you don’t need to add the NOT block.

Second, I think you need consider the situation that when one of the sensors detect the white part, then the motor controlled by this sensor will stop, and the other motor is still running so that the robot will make turn (not sure right/ left). In order to avoid the robot turn to the wrong direction which lead to it leave the black line, you may need check the physical installation and connect the two motors to correct motor port which can be controlled by the correct sensor on line follower. Due to program delay, the robot may still can’t follow the line properly, but you can try it.