Need help with new mbot mega

We purchased the bot new on Amazon and received it yesterday. After putting it together and verifying all connections were correct we powered it on and set it on the line following track included in the box. One thing of note is that it came with a Bluetooth module already connected to the controller in the box. It would not follow the line or move at all when pushing the blue switch in the back. I downloaded the app and tried to connect to the bot to control it with the remote control. The app would connect but it insists that the bot is an ultimate 2. The ultimate 2 only has two motors so when you try to drive with this one only two wheels spin on the mega. I tried restarting both the app and the bot and it would always connect as an ultimate 2. It seems like the default programming on the controller is for the ultimate 2. Any help would be much appreciated, not sure where to go from here. @tech_support

Have you tried connecting it up to a PC and using MBLOCK software to reset the firmware?

I did connect it to the software after I had the issue, and there was a firmware update that I took. It did not change the device showing up as an ultimate 2. Is there any way to get the sketch that ships out of box with the mega so I can try to load it?

I am facing the same problem. Bought the Mbot mega from Amazon but it shows up as Ultimate2 in device for bluetooth connection

How to reset the firmware? Please help

Hi Nobb2MbotMega, for any inquiry about mBot Mega, please contact with our colleague via amz_support@makeblock.com. They will help you via email

Hi Edmondsworld, for any inquiry about mBot Mega, please contact with our colleague via amz_support@makeblock.com. They will help you via email

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.