Need help with buzzer for very interesting project

Hello community!

I have a question regarding the buzzer on the Mbot Ranger.

I want to be able to set the buzzer to continuously play a tone whilst more code executes. This is akin to the motors where I can set the power of the motor to 50% for example, and the robot will move and be able to execute other lines of blocks/code.

In a bid to solve this issue, I first explored inside the Mblock 5 interface, the only parameters I could configure for the buzzer was frequency and delay. I do not want a delay, I just want to set a sound.

So I Googled how to use the buzzer using Arduino C and found

tone(pin, frequency, optional delay)

This is exactly what I am looking for as reading online suggested that it will allow the program to run without waiting on the buzzer.

I then went inside the Mblock 5 IDE and looked at compiled code of the sound codeblock. I found that

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
    #include <MeAuriga.h>

MeBuzzer buzzer;

was imported at the start of the script.

I looked into the buzzer methods and all I could find was:

void setup() {
      buzzer.setpin(45);

}

and

buzzer.tone(65,0.25*1000);
 delay(20);

The buzzer.tone() method is the same one as the code block and not like the tone() of the Google search Arduino. I cannot make the buzzer run in the background.

Does anyone have an idea for how I can make the buzzer run in the background whilst more code executes?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.