Need basswood and done advise

Hi, just purchased a makeblock laser cutter , I have a few questions.
1, how can I buy more wood from you, I am in the UK
2. I would like to cut some 6mm birch ply , it won’t cut it through, I typed in 6mm ply and gave it 10 passes but still not cutting all the way .
3 I would like to buy done 5mm bass wood , how do I go about this ?

What settings are you using, 6 mm ply I have cut with just 7 passes before, most I have tried is 9 mm which was 12 passes. You can buy basswood from B&Q as you are in the UK, if that helps.

Hi Unclefish, here’s the answer to your questions:

1. how can I buy more wood from you, I am in the UK------Please contact with the seller of the Laserbox where you ordered from, or if there’s trouble get in touch with them, please contact sales@makeblock.com and someone will help you.
  2. I would like to cut some 6mm birch ply , it won’t cut it through, I typed in 6mm ply and gave it 10 passes but still not cutting all the way .------For non-official materials without bar code, the cutting/engraving parameters are just for reference cause we haven’t tested them yet. If the suggested setting will not perform as expected, please try to add up the power or the circle times little by little and test for the best output. For some materials, the cutting would take a lot of power, and for some material the 40W power is not enough to cut through.
  3. I would like to buy done 5mm bass wood , how do I go about this ?------Same answer to question one.

Hope this reply helps.

hi as above what PW and SPEED did you use?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.