Motor momentum problem

Hi MAKEBLOCK team,

2 weeks ago I got a MAKEBLOCK blue starter robot kit as a Christmas present, I love the blue aluminum parts, the whole MAKEBLOCK concept is very ingenious.

I have however a problem with the momentum of both motors. When I hold the robot up in the air, all works perfect, the motors turn forward and backward when I want them to, but if I put the robot on the floor, the motors do not develop enough power to turn the robot around.

It is the exact same problem as in a similar topic “IR starter robot version 2”.

I purchased the kit from EXP-tech in GERMANY.

Thanks in advance for a solution

Hi @gvc,

Sorry for that problem. You could contact EXP to exchange the motors (we have tell them about this).

Could you upload a screen shot of the program and a video or picture of the starter? So we can leave a certificate about that.

Thanks!

Hi Johnny,

sorry for the late reply, I uploaded a picture of my robot and a screenshot of the very simple PYTHON test program, it has a Raspberry PI B+ as the controller and a 3D-printed frame with an APC powerpack.
I will also contact EXP-tech to exchange the motors.

Thanks and greetings from Diest in Belgium

program.zip (424 Bytes)

Hello Johnny, as mentioned in my previous message I contacted EXP-TECH two weeks ago and again 1 week ago, they still haven’t answered me after 2 WEEKS. In the meantime I know that it is only one of the motors who is failing: it draws appr. 400mA at no-load instead of 200mA and turns appr. at half speed. Isn’t there anything you can do for me?

Thanks in advance for your answer!!!

Hi @gvc,

Sorry for the late reply of EXP. If you don’t mind, You can change that 2 motors from our official website. Since the structure of DC motor is too complex, we cam’t help you fix it.

You could buy two motors on our website and tell me the order number. Then please remark “Johnny Qiao, motor exchange” in the reference column. And I will change the price to 0.

Hello Johnny,
thank you so much for this super solution, the order number is 23644.

Thanks again!!!
Guido

@gvc, thanks for your feedback, could you please kindly prepare a short video and send to support@makeblock.cc? thanks for your cooperation.