mLaser wont connect to port

The mLaser software will not connect to the port to do the test. It also will not connect to the port if I skip the test.

My Benbox software is connecting and burning with its own quirks but it does work.

any ideas?

XY v2.0, 1600mw blue laser, windows 10, and mLaser v2.4 . If you think it is an mLaser version problem please send the link for any other version you think will work and I will try it.

Chris

XY plotter uses Orion board while Laserbot uses MegaPi so that’s why mLaser does not work with XY plotter.
Those 2 boards are totally different.
I suspect your issue might be Orion not providing enough power to the 1600mW laser diode as the official upgrade pack has a 500mW laser and Orion probabbly cannot power lasers over that.
This is the official laser upgrade pack for XY plotter.

Thank you @Bleky y for your reply, I definitely want the full power out of it. I did purchase the laser upgrade from makeblock directly so I will definitely be getting in touch with them.

any ideas on how to get the Orion to supply all of the power I need to power this 1600mw laser?

Any ideas on better software to use than the Benbox software with the XY Orion board?

Chris

Well your software options are either to use the stock mDraw which is buggy or Benbox.
I am not sure how much power Orion gives and if it is even enough to fully power the diode but will check that for you,probabbly tomorrow on both Laserbot(MegaPi and stock 1600mW diode) and XY Plotter(Orion with stock 500mW diode)