I have been trying for some time to get the ME_USB Host module to work with a mBot, without success.
I also tried alternatives like a CH375B interface board, and testing using the USB mouse sketch on this site…
Tonight, I isolated the problem. I swapped out the Chinese Arduino UNO board clone with an official Arduino UNO board and was successful in replicating the output expected from the sketch.
I soldered header pins onto my ME_USB board then connected;
- 5V to UNO 5V
- GND to UNO GND
- RXD to UNO D9
- TXD to UNO D10
The problem is hardware (or firmware) issue isolated to the board in the mBot, as both the mBot and ME_USB Host board are your products, and I have now shown you have to replicate the isolation test, I would like you to resolve it.
The issue is not related to an incompatibility with the USB device connected the ME_USB Host module. It has been isolated to a fault with the mBot mainboard.
Output when I moved the mouse was…