Me_USB Host not compatible with mBot

Makeblock,

I have been trying for some time to get the ME_USB Host module to work with a mBot, without success.

I also tried alternatives like a CH375B interface board, and testing using the USB mouse sketch on this site…

Tonight, I isolated the problem. I swapped out the Chinese Arduino UNO board clone with an official Arduino UNO board and was successful in replicating the output expected from the sketch.

I soldered header pins onto my ME_USB board then connected;

• 5V to UNO 5V
  • GND to UNO GND
  • RXD to UNO D9
  • TXD to UNO D10

The problem is hardware (or firmware) issue isolated to the board in the mBot, as both the mBot and ME_USB Host board are your products, and I have now shown you have to replicate the isolation test, I would like you to resolve it.

The issue is not related to an incompatibility with the USB device connected the ME_USB Host module. It has been isolated to a fault with the mBot mainboard.

regards
Michael

Output when I moved the mouse was…

waiting:15

Hi MichaelG,
Sorry, we are trying to make more user guide on this unit. Currently few resources based on the me usb unit.

The problem isn’t with the ME_USB_Host board as it works with genuine Arduino boards, its incompatible with some mCore / Orion boards (and I’ve tested several).

You need to work out the difference between genuine Arduino and mCore/Orion.

A user guide will not help in this situation, its a hardware fault.

regards
Michael

Hello Michael,
Sorry for the issue caused. We’ll have related colleague check the issues you mentioned.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.