ME Auriga Overvolted

Hi! Lately, I was playing with my ME Auriga board and I accidentally plugged it in to a 24V supply instead of a 12V one. It smoked and smelled horrible. I unplugged it instantly. When I plug it in with a 12V supply nothing happens. But, when I try with to plug it in to my computer with the USB programming port(that means 5V of electricity) It works perfectly normal and runs the latest code uploaded. So, I came to conclusion that I just fried something on the voltage regulator and I think that I can change the part which is not working. I think It’s a capacitor. Do you know If I can repair it? And which part Should I change? I will be very Happy If you will be able to help me. Have a wonderful Day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here is a link to the schematic. Unfortunately, the text is in Mandarin so unless you are really good at just looking at the schematic and tracing the circuit it might be difficult to repair. Regardless, if you do not have the equipment or experience de-soldering/soldering surface mount components, it might be very challenging to repair yourself.

@tech_support can provide more feedback on this topic with regard to repair options.

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks a lot! I will try to repair it. Lets hope it works… :blush:

My fingers are crossed! :slight_smile:

Hi there, actually the Mandarin makes no much difference, you may ignore that. I also sent you the schematic to your email, no Chinese.
USB charge is different from the power adapter.
To repair it, please try to remove the D17 module. Then test if you can power it on.
The part in red box is the D17.

Can I remove It or do I need to replace it? Thank you very much by the way… :innocent:

Remove it with soldering iron, you can have a try if you have the tool.

OK, I will remove it this weekend and tell you wether it works or not. Huge thanks for your help. Have a Wonderful day… :slightly_smiling_face:

You are very welcome. Wish you a nice day too~

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.