mDraw.exe

I have a problem with mDraw.exe, it runs with no problems on my Windows 10 64bit PC but when I try to run it on a Windows 10 32bit PC I get the error

_This app can’t run on your pc
To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher.

has anyone else had this problem or has anyone a solution please?

Generally a program that is compiled for 64-bits won’t run on a 32-bit operating system, at least in my experience.

Hi chuck
Yes I understand that but wasn’t sure that was the reason for the error, I can’t find anywhere that states that mDraw.exe is a 64bit application, surely Makeblock would have a 32bit version so that this situation did not arise. This would mean that anyone with a 32bit PC can’t use mDraw, wouldn’t it?

Hi meldrew,

Yes, it is for windows 64bit, sorry that we do not have the mDrawBot software for windows 32 bit since it is old and there are only a small part of people still use windows 32bit. Our engineers have discussed and evaluated it, finally agreed on not developing the mDraw software for windows 32bit since it won’t take a short time

Best Regards!

Hi tec_support

If it is a 64bi application why is it installed in my “Program Files (X86)” folder on my 64bit PC?. I thought that this folder was for 32bit applications.

Hi meldrew,

There is no installation needed for this program. You may run mDraw immediately after unzipping it. mDraw does not support 32 bit operation systems.

I can assure those people who only have 32-bit Windows systems that mDraw can be compiled on and will run on Windows XP 32-bit. You need to get a working Python 3.4 and PyQt5 install, plus some extra python utilities such as py2exe in order to produce a 32-bit executable.

I only have an XY-plotter so I cannot verify that any of the other bots work, but my Plotter runs perfectly on a 10-year old Gateway laptop with Windows XP 32-bit.

@tec_support I’d suggest putting the source code in a Github repository and let someone in the community have the opportunity to try to compile it for 32-bit Windows.

HI chuck,

The mDraw software source code has been putted in Github, People interested in it can find it there.

Best Regards!

Thanks! I’m sure folks will appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I’m starting to look into the py code, is there an easy way to recompile mdraw ? Never done such thing and I really need to try fixing the mdraw bugs (mostly the scaling problem).