mBot wireless 2.4 connected but not following commands

Today I made my new mBot and I am trying to work everything out before I take it into my class.
I have the Wireless 2.4 module and I am putting together commands using mBlock v3.4.11.2
I followed the instructions to update the firmware and connect the wireless.
My mBot seems to be wirelessly connected (blue light on and green dot in mBlock),
How do I get the mBot to follow the commands? If I double click the code block it glows yellow but I get no response from the mBot.
I can upload the code blocks if I connect via the USB cable, but I want to make use of the wireless connection.
Thanks.
Julie

Does mBlock show that you are connected in the title bar?

Thanks for your reply.
Yes - the title bar in mBlock indicates 2.4 Serial connected.
Am I right in thinking that I should be able to ‘live test’ program blocks when the Wireless is connected.
I am just testing a simple block to move forward.
Julie

Yes, you should be able to run the programs over WiFi/Bluetooth. Howeve , you should
be sure to perform the Upgrade Firmware / Reset Default Program sequence (under the Connect menu). I’ve found this sequence is sometimes necessary to properly restore the “firmware” program so that mBlock can communicate with the mBot.

I just tested with WiFi and Bluetooth with my mBot and it worked as I expected. One other thing is that you need to ensure that the mBot is powered up and sits for a few seconds before trying to connect. I got a couple of false positives on connection and found that letting the module “settle in” seemed to eliminate that issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.