mBot wheels broken

Hello,
The wheels of my son’s mBot broke at the plastic axel that connects them to the motor. This seems quite a vulnerable point unfortunately. The fact that it is so fragile compared to the rest of the mBot, thus becoming an Achilles heel, is frustrating enough by itself. It is only compounded by the fact that there is no replacement part available to purchase, and so the mBot is now out of commission.
Is there an alternative way to make it work again?

Are you maybe talking about the motor shaft? If so,you should have this small bag with two spares.

19D5E7C5-D34C-42C9-8A3A-53264717F68E

Do you have an exact photo of the problem?

Is it broken at the motor?

Here’s a photo:

I have a spare, yes, thank you! I had forgotten about it. It’s only one, because I have already used one of them when it first broke a few months ago, and somehow I thought there was only one spare and it was used, so I immediately went online to try to find a new one.
So now I will use the second and last included spare part, but next time it breaks (and it will, it’s extremely fragile, that’s why it’s so frustrating), then what? Why couldn’t that part be metal? Clearly makeblock knows it’s fragile, as they included the spares.

Hi Markosp,
There is spare motor shaft in the mBot page, please look for it and refer to the video tutorial in this link to fix it: http://learn.makeblock.com/mbot-faq/
Thanks.

Well,when you spend all the spares then you’ll have to buy a new motor since for some reason they don’t sell that tiny part that always breaks seperately…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.