Mbot to open container door

Hi - new to the mbot. My kids and i have the basic mobot and servo add-ons. We are thinking of creating a auto-feeder for our cat. The idea using ultrasonic sensor to detect when dish is gone (from above), then the servo or similar to slide open a container door for 1-2 second to let food in. Anyone have an idea of type of container to use for such an application? I figure i’ll need to modify a coffee can or someething like that. thank you!

Hi j_kraut,

I had made a machine to feed my fish but not my cat because it was very reasonable.
You have to think about different things:

1. Is your cat reasonable because otherwise he will activate the door at any time.
    So, a machine that activates according to the cat’s mood or according to a schedule?
  2. Do you have wet or dry food?
  3. You wish to use which element of the mBot: 2 motors, 1 servo motor, an ultrasonic, etc.

2 types of machine that I saw in pet stores:

1. The food chute (more complex because poorly made mechanisms can get stuck)
  2. The compartments (it’s flat and one compartment is accessible … it’s easier).

What do we start with ???

I was thinking utlrasonic to detect when empty, and servo motor to open door. use a container like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00013K8O4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Hi j_kraut,

Great as picture. Personally, at $ 14, I will simply order this machine because it will cost you more in material and it will not go as well. However, it seems to have some shipping costs; (

Remove the joystick and secure the mBot wheel motor. Do you code a rotation of one or half a second? Then it’s time or chat activated. If activity by the cat, a delay must be added so that the cat cannot make two requests too close together.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.